Home Page >
Qualitative solutions >
Trial & jury consulting >
Jury selection and courtroom consultation
Voir Dire, Questionnaires
The Jury Selection methodologies utilized entail (a)
consultation prior to trial, (b) aiding in drafting written juror
questionnaires and/or Voir Dire and (c) attending jury selection.
The goal of this consultation is to determine which potential
jurors possess (a) intractable bias or prejudice against litigants
in the case and (b) intensely held values, attitudes and beliefs
that would interfere with a fair and impartial evaluation of the
Schlesinger Associates provides consulting services in several
areas. We formulate questions to be posed by the Court or by
counsel in Voir Dire and create self-administered written
questionnaires that identify and provide (a) critical areas to
follow-up with additional questioning and (b) relevant feedback
with which to make reasoned decisions when exercising peremptory
This methodology includes (a) the recruitment of Respondents to
attend trial sessions, (b) the interviewing of these Respondents at
the end of each trial day in order to obtain written and/or oral
feedback and (c) comprehensive daily consultation with the trial
team. The overall goal of this methodology is to evaluate whether
or not the case is proceeding according to expectations and to
enable the trial team to adjust trial strategy according to "shadow
juror" feedback. The benefits that are derived from this
methodology include the following:
- Provides objective viewpoints by feedback jury Respondents
whose demographics closely fit the jurors in the case.
- Identifies issues feedback jury Respondents consider most
- Determines themes and most effective trial strategies during
- Allows attorney and litigants to determine the effectiveness of
Opening and Closing arguments.
- Judges value of Demonstrative and Documentary evidence.
- Critiques attorney's overall presentation.
- Assesses effectiveness of Key Witnesses.
- Evaluates feedback jury Respondents' reaction to the Jury
- In a Civil case, determines the economic value and can be
utilized when negotiating settlement offers during trial.
- In a Criminal case, assists in the negotiation of plea bargains